In April of last year, Prince Philip passed away after a long battle with being 99 years old.
Number 10 offered to temporarily lift some of the Covid rules in place at the time of the funeral on April 17, 2021, according to Private Eye magazine.
Boris Johnson’s spokesperson says ‘it’s deeply regrettable that this took place at a time of national mourning’Coronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageNo 10 has apologised to the Queen for two parties that took place in Downing Street on the eve of Prince Philip’s funeral last year, Boris Johnson’s spokesperson has said.
The 95-year-old was of the opinion that bending the restrictions for her would be unfair to the many people who had also lost loved ones during the crisis.
Boris Johnson's office has apologised to Queen Elizabeth II for two parties held on the eve of the funeral for Prince Philip last year.
The photographer recalled that instead of him, it was the Duchess of Cambridge who was nervous about their meeting.
The British monarch traditionally visits the estate this time of the year to mark the death anniversary of her father King George VI.
She is expected to swap the main house at Sandringham for the smaller home of Wood Farm where Prince Philip spent much of his retirement
Of all the recent revelations of lockdown-busting parties held by Britain's top officials, the latest report may be the most damaging yet.
SARAH VINE: My first thought when I saw the news that the Queen had cut Prince Andrew loose and effectively cancelled her second son was, 'What do the Royal Family know that we don't?'
Leaving events for No 10 staff were held on eve of the Duke's funeral, at which Her Majesty was forced to grieve alone due to Covid rules
PM’s inner team reportedly drank and danced in Downing Street basement on eve of Prince Philip’s funeral