UAE consumer electronics market to grow 6% to AED 14.2b this year
BEIJING (Reuters) - The United States has again decided not to impose tariffs on rare earths and other critical minerals from China, underscoring its reliance
This Week: Consumer borrowing, Disney earns, consumer prices
A look at some of the key business events and economic indicators upcoming this week: DEEPER IN DEBT The Federal Reserve issues its latest monthly snapshot of U.S. consumer borrowing trends Tuesday. The tally, which
In Jules Verne's famous classic 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the iconic submarine Nautilus disappears into the Moskenstraumen, a massive whirlpool off the coast of Norway. In space, stars spiral around black holes; on Earth, swirling cyclones, tornadoes and dust devils rip across the land.
Fashion often shies away from discussing the elephant in the sustainability room: consumption. How can an industry built on growth respond to the fact that we all have too much stuff? While consumers, especially those within Gen Z and Millennial age brackets, are increasingly aware and concerned about social and environmental responsibility in the fashion [
What a difference five years makes. According to global brand experience agency Momentum, what drives brand love has changed dramatically in that time. Five years ago, Momentum's survey of 5,000 people showed that consumers saw brands first as a utility. When the same question was asked this year, the No. 1 reason people gave for
One of the reasons for today's latest, and quite remarkable turnaround higher in stocks, is that Friday's University of Michigan consumer sentiment report showed that, following a small dip in April, in May US consumers responded with a surprising surge in confidence, led by a spike in expectations, i.e., "hope", which helped the overall survey print at the highest level in 15 years, or since January 2004.
As the number of electronics devices increases around the world, finding effective methods of recycling electronic waste (e-waste) is a growing concern. About 50 million tons of e-waste is generated each year and only 20% of that is recycled. Most of the remaining 80% ends up in a landfill where it can become an environmental problem. Currently, e-waste recycling involves mechanical crushers and chemical baths, which are expensive, and manual labor, which can cause significant health and...